Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks our seventh wedding anniversary. Wow. I so remember being newly weds and looking in awe at the couple three apartments down who had been married for three! whole! years! Ha.
So seven years. We were contemplating that as we drove home from shopping yesterday. Seven years and three kids later...Our back seat is full. Roy bought that car just shortly before we got married (or right after his mission. Whatever.) Now it is full and there's no more room.
We have a house. We have a mortgage. We have a career. We have much student debt. We are not the young newly married couple. Nope. We have taken it to the next level. We are the young family. And that's okay.
So to my super-wonderful Roy (such a romantic name...) I love you and can't wait to see what the next seven years bring.

BTW on the topic of names...
We were in Sunday School and Roy made a comment. Our SS teacher, who is quite funny, asked his name. When Roy said, "Roy" the SS said, "No it isn't. .. *brief pause* Is it?" I kid you not.

Also, I talked with an old roommate today! I am so psyched about connecting with old friends. I love to hear their voices and just snag a piece of the past. Thanks so much Sarah for getting a Facebook and hooking me up with Danielle again!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary. I, too, look back to life when it was....simple. Oh well, that's where life begins. It's supposed to continue....and grow.....and...who am I kidding.... sometimes I wish I could go back. But, hey, now I get to wake up to snot nosed kids and wet underpants. Life is good...or at least I am trying to pretend it is.

Bennett, Katie, and Co. said...

Happy Anniversary! Here is the link for the boat parade http://www.christmasships.org/ Hope it works.