Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Following Up and Stuff

I feel as if I should follow up after the spew from last week.  I actually really like the regular bus driver, B.  She is reasonable and nice.  In fact, yesterday she was 10 minutes earlier than she has been all year so naturally I wasn't out there.  I heard the bus and ran outside not long after she got there.  She was very pleasant and kind and joked about how she had time to kill because she was so early.  K was off the bus as soon as B saw me come out the door.  I still think the bus rules and restrictions on Kindergartners gets carried away and haven't completely dismissed the thought of driving K myself.  However, I do appreciate the goodness and convenience of the bus and the nice regular bus driver.  And K does love to ride the bus - she really does not want me to drive her to school.
(tangent story: When D was in kindergarten, he had a friend who rode the same bus, got on/off at the same stop and was in the same class.  Two-thirds through the year, this friend skipped into 1st grade.  All of a sudden no one had to meet him at the bus or drop him off.  Nothing changed, he just was in 1st grade now but was still D's same age. Feels a bit silly to me....)
So anyway, still easy for me to be irritated but I really am trying to work on it.

Today was A's second week of preschool.  Last week was our first week.  It didn't seem too different because I was teaching so she didn't actually get to go to preschool.  She just kind of was at preschool.  Every morning she asks me if it is a preschool day because she loves it so much.  This morning those were literally the first words out of her mouth!
A: "Is today preschool?"
Me: "Yes baby, today is preschool"
A: "Today is a school day for everyone!"
We have a sweet little group of girls for preschool this year.  I was hoping to keep the group smaller and younger since A is only 3.  It worked!  I found three other moms of 3yo girls who all live in my neighborhood.  I was worried about A holding back and not participating, especially since the other 3 girls know each other well from a playgroup they had last year.  I think starting at our house helped that.  She was able to get back into the routine of preschool and meet her new friends in the comfort of her own home.  Today she was as excited as could be and sounds like she was involved and happy the entire time she was there.  I don't worry about A being happy.  She is almost always happy and peaceful.  But she is also reserved and content to hang back and watch.  Going to preschool for a few months at the end of last year with K helped out too.  She just really loves preschool!

In other news:
How awesome is that!  I've seen all the pictures Heather took at D's baptism now.  As soon as I can figure out how to download them from the site they're on, oh baby, watch out for deluge of pictures!  Also, I really want to blog about D's baptism.  It feels overwhelming though.  I want to do it justice but I don't think I can so I guess I will just blog what happened.

No comments: