Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Big day for our family

So today has been kind of another big day.  It is C's first day home since we didn't get home until nearly 9 last night.  His first night home was rough.  He had gas all night and the only way he could sleep was if I was holding him upright while he lay on my chest.  He's done great today though.

K decided she wanted to learn to ride her bike without training wheels today.  Roy took them off and helped her get started.  A and I left on a little walk and when we got back, K could ride her bike without any help!  She is so able especially when she is determined!  I'm so proud of her.  She's getting so big!  I don't have any pictures of this event though.  I took video.  Grandma took a picture so maybe she'll send it to me *hint*hint*.

Also, tonight was the opening of a school district wide elementary art show in which D had a piece selected by his art teacher to be displayed.  Roy and my mom took the kids down to the opening while I stayed home with C.  I really wanted to go see D's art and celebrate with him but I am not taking C out just yet.  He's not even 48 hours old yet!  D drew and painted the shell in the picture above him.  He also mixed the paint to make those colors.  I'm very proud of him!  And look how handsome he is!

I am so lucky to have my family.  And I know I'm getting emotional from all the postpartum but I really am lucky.  I love each of my kids so much.  They have their own personalities, strengths and weaknesses.  I feel fortunate to be able to raise them and be their mother.

No comments: