Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Monday, May 4, 2009

What have I been up to?

So I believe I mentioned we've been sick. It hasn't gotten any better. I mean, I've gotten better but situations around here haven't gotten better.
Thursday, D was feeling better -- like bouncing from couch cushion to couch cushion while reassuring his daddy that he still had "lots of fevers". Happy day. Then 4:30 hits and D's tummy hurts. 5:15, IT happens. And what do I do as the calm, cool, collected mom? Reach for the garbage can that is 5 feet away? Oooh no. I run from room to room looking for the bowl. You know, the one he's been carrying around with him all day that is suddenly MIA. I did find the bowl, rush back with it just in time to do virtually NO GOOD. (Anybody know any great remedies to get that puke smell out of microfiber?)

Saturday afternoon starts K's fever. The bright shining spot of sun in all this is that even though she is clingy, its the weekend and I'm second best!

(This is the best one) Sunday afternoon, D starts having some, uh, residual side effects from his stomach bug. I finally head to Walgreens (THE OX WAS IN THE MIRE PEOPLE) for some kids Immodium AD or Pepto or something.......anything.....

So today, K has mild left over fever (no puke, or otherwise yet) which leaves her sleepy and droopy. D is fine. Fine enough to paint all over the carpet (the brand new white(?!) carpet). So when I say he's fine, I mean he's still alive and currently has no illnesses but he may soon be rented out to couples who want to know what it is like to have kids without actually having kids.
This is for Melanie and Valerie

I think I mentioned that D was earning quarters for a Wall-E Electronic Talking Truck. He made it, finally. So we went to the Disney store to buy it. Gone. No problemo we think. We'll order it from online. Gone. Everywhere Gone. Not on Amazon, ToysRus, Disney Store.com, google search. Gone. *Sigh* So, if anyone sees, finds, owns (brand new in the box and want to get rid of it) a Wall-E Electronic Talking Truck (retails $59.99) let me know.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

You look AWESOME!!! Your belly is still not out as far as your, uh, you knows, so all is right with the world!

You look like you're carrying high!

Melanie said...

Um...I'm glad the sickies is over (or almost over).

You do look very adorable. Val's right, you look to be carrying very high. Has it's advantages. Cute...cute. Glad it's you and not me (for now).

Natalie said...

You look great! Its so hard to imagine you being pregnant, it seem like just yesterday we were in elementary school.

Walnut Springs Press said...

Valerie,

Congratulations!You were the winner of the gift book pack from Walnut Springs. If you will send me your information, I will get the books mailed to you.We hope you enjoy the books.
Best
Amy Orton
aorton@leatherwoodpress.com