Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!


Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back to Utah (story)

Wednesday morning, dark and early (4am) we loaded the kids in the car and headed out. I had a super hard time getting up as I stayed up until 12:30am making sure everything was ready to go. Good thing Roy was driving this time! One wonderful thing about getting up that early is that we got to Perry by 5 that evening so we had time to play with cousins and relax before going to bed.
Today we were met my family for family pictures in SLC. All my family was together for this one afternoon and my mom was going to make the most of it! The photographer had no small job getting 6 kids under the age of 6 to look and smile at the camera at the same time. He did a good job though.
After pictures we headed to park for lunch and play time. Roy and my brother James had much to debate for the entire afternoon. Some of Roy's practice area involves personal injury work. James in going to med school. They are both opinionated and they are both right. If you don't believe it, just ask them! It was interesting to listen to them. And really, they kept things very civil. Roy really enjoyed himself. I think James did too.
It was so fun seeing my neices and nephew. We'd never met the baby. She is precious! It works out really nicely with James' family because he has kids near the same ages as my kids. K and W (James' middle child) can both be........ uhhhh....... shall we say, aggressive.... So there was a fair amount of pushing and otherwise going on. I don't think they ever really hurt each other, just made sure they didn't forget who was in charge. (Who was actually in charge is still up for debate.)
After the park, my kids wanted to go to Temple Square. James' family had to head out but the rest of us trooped over to Temple Square for a few tours. We were able to take in the Conference Center and North Visitor's Center as well as small stops by the temple and in the Tabernacle. It is really a beautiful place.
We finished with dinner. Then we had to say good-bye to Uncle Rick who is getting on a plane early the next morning to head back to New York. Uncle Justin came with us but mom and dad stayed in SLC to take Rick to the airport in the morning.
*YAWN* No more traveling for a few days. Until it's time to go home anyway.

No comments: