Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, October 24, 2010

If Rick can update...

A few fun things have happened this week. Wednesday was D's first (and apparently last for the year) PTC. At the conference D's teacher went thought the benchmarks they would like him to reach. He is only one or two below the goals for the year in EVERYTHING. I feel funny sometimes when I talk about D because he is smart--really smart-- and I don't want people to feel like I'm just another one of those parents who thinks her kid is better than everyone else's. I know there are kids smarter and I know there are other things to be good at. For D, he loves to learn. LOVES IT. He basically taught himself to read at age 4. He knew his letters and sounds long before age 3. He can count higher than I want to listen to. This is why we opted to put him into an integrated Spanish and English class. He is loving the chance to learn another language and he has something in Kindergarten he doesn't know how to do.

Friday we had our ward Trunk or Treat/Chili Cookoff. We all had a super time. We have a lot of friends in our ward now. It is nice to know people and our ward is pretty great, I think. The kids dressed up in their costume. SO CUTE. I didn't have my camera (DOH!) but other people took pictures for me and will hopefully be emailing them soon. D was a ghost. I made his costume. Even I can make a ghost! K wore the same ladybug costume she wore last year. I found an adorable chicken suit for A at the consignment shop. She is just too precious as a chicken!

Today was our ward's primary program. It is the 3rd attempt for D. (Attempt 1 is chronicled here, second attempt was more like a non-attempt.) He started the meeting on the stand with his class. He sang all the songs. He even got up and read his part into the microphone. It did take him nearly 2 looooonnng minutes to inaudibly mumble 5 lines of speech but he did it!! I'm so proud and glad he did. K is totally ready to participate next year. She would have been up there this year if I would have let her. She is so outgoing and daring.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I was in Spanish Immersion from 1-6th grade. It was awesome and yes...it does give you something to learn. I'm all for it.