Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!


Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In other news

She's dressed up as "a human"
Sunday night K woke up crying for daddy sometime between 1-1:30 am. My memory is a bit fuzzy about what the clock actually said. I went in and fell asleep by her. She had a fever and was just sleeping poorly. Finally at 4, she and I got up. I took her temperature (103.6!!!!) and got her some medicine. Then I cuddled her for a bit while I looked up fun stuff like "high fever" and "spinal menengitis" and the like.
K snuggled down for a movie and at 5:30 I decided, "What the hey. I'm up anyway. I might as well go to the gym." So I did. I've done the cycling class at 5:45 before but I saw "Step Sculpt" and thought I'd give it a try. I really love the step classes I've gone to in the later morning hours. Let me just say, this was not those. This was some crazy lady calling people out for taking breaks in the reps. She was brutal! 15 minutes in I was plotting my escape. I stuck it out though. Walking down the steps, I seriously wondered if I should have taken the elevator because my quads were the muscle equivalent of jello. So today? Today I hurt. Alot.
BTW, K's fine.
I love this dress. And this girl.
In other interesting news, our cat is back. That's right, we've been down a cat for 2 weeks. I had virtually given up hope. Here's the convoluted story:
Jan. 4: Zibby bolts out the door when I let her out in the morning. (She had been locked in the bathroom b/c Roy was painting the car. He may spray paint the car but even he knows not to let the cat walk on it afterwards. Plus the paint fumes were terrible. Who knows what the cat would do if she were high.)
That night Zibby didn't come in. Or the next night. Or the next. So I alert the microchip company that Zibby is missing and wait for 2 weeks.
Jan. 17: A woman calls to say she has Zibby. 25 miles away. No joke.
Apparently the woman who called me (Keni) is a landscape gardner who rescues animals on the side. Keni was working in a yard less than a mile from my house on Jan. 4 when this friendly orange cat walks up. Keni's employer says this cat was abandoned when one of the neighbors moved away. Another neighbor has been feeding the cat but doesn't want the cat. Keni agrees to take the cat and find a new home for the cat. Keni's employer agrees to let the neighbor know. Jan. 15 Keni's employer calls to tell Keni that the abandoned cat is still around so that was the wrong cat. Keni takes Zibby to the vet to be scanned and is then able to contact me. See. Told you it was kind of a round about story.
We're very glad to have Zibby back. Only.... Keni kept Zibby indoors, fed her canned cat food, has no children in the home, has other cats. Tonight, Zibby is in the garage alone after having hid from the kids all afternoon under D's bed. I think poor Zibby is homesick for Keni's house! (Really, she keeps mewing at the door.)
He's also missing another tooth. Fell out while he was eating a sucker.
D's first soccer practice was today. He was totally pumped. He looked so cute in his little shin guards and knee-high socks! We went and as practice went on he got less and less enthusiastic until he was ready to cry. Roy took the poor kid out for an ice cream cone and a little one-on-one chat. D admitted that when he was goalie he thought the other kids didn't let him have the ball because they didn't like him. Aww, break this momma heart! (Also, perhaps we should have prepared him a bit better for what soccer is....) Roy got him cheered up. Now D is determined to be the hardest working and happiest player on the team! Yea for an amazing dad!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

He he...I LOVE step class...and I love NAZI teachers. I used to tell beginners to enjoy the quad and calf burns the next day. Boy I miss teaching.