Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

There's a rumor floating around....

So yesterday was quite the day.  Starting at 2:30 a.m. I woke up with contractions.  I've been through this three times before and both of the last two started with irregular contractions lasting for several hours before turning into delivery.  Historically (the last 2 deliveries) once my contractions are hard and regular I have less than 2 hours before I'm holding my new baby.  So waiting for regular contractions is not typically prudent.  Especially since we live across town from the hospital.  Roy's not really interested in delivering this baby in the car.  (Although he did mention something about a home delivery the other day.  Different reasons though. *read: cheap*)
After waiting until afternoon, Roy and I headed down to the hospital.  We spent 5 hours there monitoring, walking, checking and waiting.  Then we came home.  This has never happened to me before.  Within an hour of coming home my contractions, which had gotten pretty regular and increasing in intensity, stopped entirely.  Good times.
All the signs were there.  It was just like my previous 2 labors.  Expect I still don't have a baby.  Apparently, the rumor that I had the baby isn't the only thing floating around.  Please send heavy gravity thoughts my way.  If this baby would drop he would deliver.  End of story.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

My baby #4 was like that. Turns out he was posterior the whole time. Made it kinda hard for him to get into the birth canal and stay there.

I feel for you. It's the most frustrating feeling.