Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Today was one of those days

You know the kind of day where it just plain stinks to be the mom.  Don't mistake me, I always love me kids.  But sometimes it sucks to be the mom, the grown-up, the one here all day dealing with everything.
This is the picture I sent to my neighbor along with this message, "Days like today make me want to beat something.  Overflowing toilets, tantrums, marker in unexpected places, sand on the tramp and various other offenses.  Sometimes I hate being the mom."
So yes, as I sit here typing the hall bathroom is locked up because the toilet overflowed and quite frankly I don't want to deal with it.  I'm taking the procrastination route tonight.  The picture above is what I saw when I went out to check on the girls in the garage.  Fortunately, that is washable dry erase maker, but seriously? on my van?!
The sand on the trampoline thing is just unbelievably annoying because of the million times the kids have been taught, warned, threatened, reprimanded and every other conceivable synonym to (a) keep the sand in the sandbox and (b) not put sand/grass/leaves/etc on the trampoline. 
Both K and D had major tantrums today (I kind of did too but let's not go there).  I was actually kind of smiling to myself while D had his tantrum.  He's gotten old enough that he stomps into his room and yells to himself about all the injustice of the world.  "WHY?? WHY DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND?!!?"  After about 30 minutes the yelling stops and another 30 minutes and he was ready to get back to his homework. 
Various other misdemeanors which are to be expected but still tiresome like the sneaking of candy, the stealing of gum, the fighting, the general disobedience.  All things to be expected in a family of kids but easier to deal with some days than others.
Oh, and did I mention that I'm dealing with all this and nursing a baby every 2-3 hours.  He's gotten to where he still nurses frequently during the day and doesn't nap for more than an hour or two at a time.  (But at night I can usually get 5-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.)

The silver lining to this day?  My neighbor who I texted responded with gifts of divine chocolates, yummy trail mix and dinner for my kids while letting my kids play in her backyard.  I have the best neighbors and friends ever!

No comments: