Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, January 15, 2016

Enjoying toddler/baby-dom

This morning has been such a pleasant morning.  I didn't do most of the things I should have done but I've done good things that I wanted to do.  After the initial flurry of activity that naturally accompanies getting breakfast, lunch and out the door for four family members I leisurely ate my cold waffle while checking my email.  Little C was playing downstairs because I cleaned the toy room yesterday.  I really need to remember that clean toy room = more playing downstairs because there's room to play and bins to dump!
After L woke up C and I gave him a bath.  C found the sweet spot of cute helpfulness without spilling over into aack-please-leave-me-alone-and-let-me-get-this-done-ness.  He helped take off L diaper. He brought some cars for L to watch C play with in the tub.  He wanted to help with lotioning but was content with one small dab of lotion instead of needing dab after dab after dab ad nauseam.
After the bath, L and I played Chase The C-Dog a bit before heading down to play for a few minutes in the aforementioned playable playroom.  This resulted in tummy time for L and an audience for C and a few minutes of peace for me.
 The culmination of this morning was being able to nurse a soft, clean baby while the toddler watched PBSKids.  Especially when said nursing turned into a dozing, cuddling nap in the rocking chair while the toddler did NOT make a mess or engage in life threatening behaviors.  I love snoozing with a baby on my chest -- so snuggley and warm.
And now the magic glitter dust is starting to settle.  PBS is no longer holding C's attention and he's content to be right at my elbow saying, "mommommommommommommommommommom".  L is awake again. The dishes are still strewn over the counters and table.  I'm cold because my baby heater is no longer on my chest.  But at least we had that brief trip into an alternate universe.

1 comment:

Melanie G said...

Ahhh....sweet moments. I LOVE those!