Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Humorous and Hubris

This morning was a 2 hour delay start for the schools. We had a snow storm Monday morning that's throwing everyone for a loop. Well this late start really threw me off because I had an appointment for the L to go to the doctor. After some fancy arranging I managed to leave for the doctor before the bigs left for school while feeling confident they would all make it to school. The appointment went well. I'll post L's stats later.
All this is back story to get to the funny.  When we were walking out of the office and into the waiting room, C rushed over to a woman sitting between two other people. He said something to her then began hugging her legs.  She was shocked but pleased and the other two people with her were chuckling. C was saying something I couldn't quite understand but thought maybe he was saying blue because the woman's coat was blue. As we started walking away I realized he had been saying, "My Sue!"  He was excited because he thought it was his nursery leader- who he adores. But he realized his mistake because on the way to the elevator he said, "That's not my Sue." No, it's not.
"I frently!"
After we got home, C and I went to get the mail. The sidewalk was a bit icy so we walked on the road. We navigated the stairs, sidewalk, driveway and back. Then I decided to take the recycling out to the curb. I had both hands full. I navigated down the stairs and began the trek across the driveway. Mentally I was congratulating myself on making it down the stairs and being so agile. I was also thinking how glad I was I hasn't fallen since the recycling would no doubt go all over. I believe there are several cliches that could be employed at a time such as this. Platitudes such as, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" and "Pride goeth before the fall".
I managed to put one foot on the sidewalk before becoming a cartoon on a banana peel. Recycling went flying and I sat stunned for a minute. I came to two conclusions.
1. Perhaps the late start wasn't as unwarranted as I'd thought.
2. The occasional kegel isn't sufficient after 5 babies.
I hoisted myself up and gathered the recycling as casually as possible before scurrying into the house. I think I'll stay in until June.
It's too cold out there anyway. 

No comments: