Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference was AWESOME!!

I really love General Conference. It is always so great to hear the prophet and apostles speak. Plus, 'going' to church in your pajamas is nice.

D actually watched most of all four sessions!! Grandma 'Net sent a Conference packet that included pictures of the apostles and ties for him to color whenever one of them spoke. He would get sooo excited whenever one of the apostles or first presidency spoke because he could color a tie. That's what got us through Saturday.

For Sunday, I took an idea from a great friend who has 6 kiddos to entertain during conference. I fill 6 quart jars with various treats and labeled them with different gospel words. For instance, a jar of mini-Oreo's is labeled "President Monson"; a jar of Cheeto's is labeled "The Gospel"; a jar of Peanut M&M's is labeled "Temple". So whenever a speaker mentioned one of his topics, D would jump up and down and shout, "He just said 'Joseph Smith'!" Then he would open the JS jar and hand out a mini-Nilla wafer to each of us. It was very sweet. Really. Way too much sweet by the end of Sunday afternoon. We had to take a walk in the rain because there was way way to much sweet bouncing off the couch.

Anyway here are some pics from Saturday when the kids were coloring and watching conference.
BTW for one who was having sentimental feelings over a Sesame Street song, those MormonAds after each session were ......ah....... powerful stuff. 'Nuf said.

*yes, I'm sure I'm not pregnant!*

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You're so awesome. At some point I'm going to have to try to make my kids watch conference. And kudos to you for not only Sunday, both sessions, but Saturday too! Man, you are so an apostles' wife. ;)

Melanie said...

What good ideas. I am going to have to try those jars. Mostly they will be for me....but the kids will benefit too.

Yeah, we watched conference on our computer. Consequently we had to sit on the floor of our kids playroom in order to do so. 8 hours is a long time to sit on the floor. For the last session (sunday afternoon) I carried my recliner down there. Much more comfortable.