Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!


Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm back!

Back from blog-cation/real vacation. I suppose I should say it's good to be home... I mean really, what could be better than being back in your own house with your own kids and no one else to clean, cook and watch the kiddo's but you. *sigh* Too bad grandma lives so far away.
So Christmas was good. (Argh! My feet are asleep!! I hate the painful tingyness!!!)
Here's our little shephard with the 'baby Jesus' he arranged all by himself. It really was adorable watching how excited D was for a little family reinactment.

The gift opening frenzy. It really wasn't too frenzyish. Pretty laid back actually. K was mostly interested in her new bike and anything that resembled candy. D just wanted to open presents. Any presents. Didn't matter if they were his or not.

A few days later the kids and I flew to SLC for a 2 week foray into the lives of Grandparents. The flight was, erm, unpleasant. Between being anxious, not sleeping for three nights before because of a sick kid and pregnant it was most memorable in the not good way. But we made it. As one stewardess said when I told her I was prenant (no, I do not have the flu), "Oh, God bless you." And he did.

Here's a futile attempt at taking cousin pictures. BTW, anyone else who participated in taking pictures at that occasion, please email me the results. Please let them be better than mine.
Me to my mom: "If we could just get all four kids awake, happy, looking cute and holding still we could get maybe 12 good pictures for Grandpa's calendar."
Us together: "hahaBwahahahahahahaha*gasp*gasp*Bwahahaha"

It was a fun filled time in which we visited Grandma and Grandpa Bishop, Jones and Pyatt. We got to spend time will Uncle Rick and Justin as well as James, Mel and their kids. D got to go sledding (behind a 4-wheeler, so cool). I helped mom clean the 'playroom'/storage of junk room. But I promised I wouldn't talk about how you couldn't walk through it to get to the bedrooms on the other side because of the mountains of stuff (including the needlepoint for 'someday' and way more computer junk than any home should have to deal with). So I won't tell you about that.

Fortunately the trip home was much better. I was well rested, not sick or nearly as anxious (still pregnant with two small kids though). We also weren't late and didn't have to run at top speed through the airport. Which is good because we were a loooooooong way from our airplane. Even when we went through our gate, it didn't take us to our airplane! We still had to walk down a hall to get to another hall that lead to another hall that took us to the door leading out to the tarmac where our airplane was waiting for us to climb the stairs. Eh, we fly el cheap-o.

Well folks, that is a disjointed rehashing of the last month. Happy New Year to all and to all a good night.


Wendy said...

I know the joy of traveling alone with small children, it is no easy feat. Congratulations on making it through. I am jealous of the sledding behind a 4 wheeler, looks like a blast- I would be all over that! Happy New Year! When is baby #3 due?

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry that I've become such a horrible comment-leaver person. I just wanted you to know that I am reading and enjoying everything you post!