Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm so frustrated.

Seriously. How hard could it possibly be to be a customer service business in this day of computers?! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ENTER MY INFORMATION IN CORRECTLY!!!! I am so sick of the mistakes these businesses make.
Take for example the illustrious company of Qwest. Spirit of Service. (If I were of a lesser vocabulary there would be some expletives right here.) Six months ago we moved. I spent no less than AN HOUR on the phone with a Qwest Rep to get my service moved and add a phone line. AN HOUR!!! Only to find out several days later when my service was suppose to start that my bumbling rep had NOT ENTER A SINGLE THING INTO THE COMPUTER AND THAT TIME WAS ESSENTIALLY WASTED!!! Good thing I had absolutely nothing else to do with my time, huh. So I spent another oh so expeditious phone call with Qwest so that I could have service. I have been paying my bill faithfully for the past five months until I get this bill. My "price for life" bill: $41.41 is $194.27 today. Yup. Super. Let me just go out back to my money tree and I'll get that right in the mail. So I call Qwest. Naturally. The ever helpful rep points out that I haven't been paying for my internet for these past 6 months. (THEN WHY WAS MY BILL $40?! I HAVE THE CHEAPEST PHONE LINE EVER!!!) I should be grateful that Qwest is only going to charge me for the last 3 months instead of the last 6. Oh yes. Thank you for your generous service. I mean, truly, I should totally have to pay for your mistake. HOW HARD IS IT TO GET THIS STUFF RIGHT???!!!!!!
I was very polite on the phone. I didn't raise my voice or say anything nasty. Actually I hung up rather quickly but not rudely. I think I even said, "you too" when she wished me to have a nice day.
Or, how about another example of KP. I HATE INSURANCE. I think I said that before. I had to request 3 times (!) to get our membership cards sent. Really. They missed billing us for the first month so we had to fork out over $1,000 the next month to pay our premium. WE STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED A MEMBERSHIP BOOKLET EXPLAINING OUR BENEFITS (Yes, I've asked.) I've called three times about charges from November that they assure me are incorrect (they are) and each time the answer has been "Well, yes, I see it here in the computer..."
I could talk about the $164 Verizon bill or the other KP bill for Lab work that I didn't even have to have. HOW DO SOME OF THESE COMPANIES STAY IN BUSINESS? Oh, because idiots like me keep sending them money.
Anyway, I have to go water my money tree so that it will eak out a few more hundreds. Really, I should have planted the thousand money tree. What was I thinking?!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Gotta love you, Sheena.

Thanks for a good laugh.

I, too, hate having to call customer service reps. But, in return, they hate me as well.

I ask about a MILLION questions, over and over again, until we are ALL on the same page. Then, I verify all information again. Then, I take down the reps name and document EVERYTHING in writing.

Very politely mind you.

Good Luck!

Can I get a seedling off your money tree?

Valerie said...

It's worse 'cause you're pregnant. Not that it's not bad to begin with. IT SO IS.

But it's worse 'cause you're pregnant.

I do exactly what Melanie does, document EVERYTHING, name, time, phone number I called. One too many times burned.

Inhale, deep cleansing breath......

and exhale.

I know that doesn't help, and now you're probably annoyed at me too. Man I miss you.

Sheena said...

Luckily, I found my notes from 6 months ago from my second convo (after getting burned from the first on). After talking to my legalese hubby, he has determined we will not be paying this. I'll keep you informed...