Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Zag game last night

Last night, Roy and I went to see the Zags play in Portland. I'm going to admit something here that may forever scar my relationship with Ray (not that he reads this but ya never know): I wasn't all that excited to go. I mean, I wasn't dreading it or anything. It was just kind of indifferent. Kind of, Meh. However, to redeem myself, I did get into the spirit of the game once we arrived and had a really good time. I cheered and clapped and even started to know the names of some of the players. (Not like Roy who was cheering for them by their first names.)
The game was, of course, all the better because the Zags won. It's not nearly as fun if they lose.

So although I am not a Gonzaga know-it-all, I am going to bestow upon you some of my learnedness from last night. By far, I think I liked Pargo the best. He played practically the entire game! He is a natural leader. It was very enjoyable to see his interaction with the coaches and teammembers that you just don't see on TV. He had fun and was good at what he did. He could use some practice time on the free throw line though.
I don't know if Daye was having a bad night or what, but I really wasn't too impressed with him. He played well enough, I suppose. But everytime the refs would call something on him he would get such a dumb expression of "What are you talking about?". I understand that sometimes refs make bad calls. But MAN UP. Not every call was bad.
Uh, the other guys looked good. The second half the Zags played so much better. They were more aggressive under the Portland basket. They were fouling much less and just looked like a team. It was very fun to watch.
So, overall, I would definitely go watch the Zags play again if someone wants to give me free tickets.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I really HATE watching basketball on tv but dont mind it so much live.

GO ZAGS!

P.S. e-mail me with some info on the cost of living out there. We are waiting to hear back on a job or two in Portland.

Ray said...

Quit whining about being prego! Just "woman up"!
You are spot on with your analysis of the game. I AM impressed. You will never get my tickets, however. You are right, Daye is a wussy. He whines like a pregnant woman. Go ZAGS!!