Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baby Pyatt Update

I have been meaning to blog more about the fact that we are expecting baby number three. It isn't that we aren't excited or not thinking about it. In fact, the baby comes up regularly in conversations around here. D is big enough this time he wants to know how the baby comes out. We have been having some interesting dinner conversation.

Last Monday for a 'special FHE' we went to the ultrasound. D was super excited. He couldn't wait to find out if it was a boy or a girl. K was more trepidatious. In fact she was quite alarmed when the tech put the gel on my stomach. Daddy had to hold her and comfort her. D didn't care about the gel as long as it didn't touch him. This also meant that I couldn't touch him, just in case...

So, the baby. I was going to post every single ultrasound picture here because I know everyone loves ultrasound pictures. Then I remembered my scanner doesn't work. You'll just have to imagine the black/greyish pictures yourself.

It is a girl. We are right on target for the July 2 due date. Everything is healthy, present and developing properly. Her little heart is beating and she is wiggly. I have started to feel her move -- mostly when I'm lying in bed.

I have had mixed feelings throughout this pregnancy. For much of it, I really haven't felt pregnant. Sick, yes. Fat, yes. Pregnant, not so much. I am starting to get past that. The level of excitement has varied for me. At times I get really excited to have a small newborn again. Then other times I think about breastfeeding or waking up at night and feel less than excited.

I know I will love this baby. I was sort of hoping for a girl. I was afraid we wouldn't have another girl. D and Roy were looking forward to a boy. They are both excited for a girl but D was a little put out when we first found out it was a girl. Now, of course, I'm afraid we'll never have another boy.

As for my body, I am still inbetween maternity and regular clothes. I wear maternity dresses to church because there is no way I can squish into my regular skirts anymore. During the week though, I can still fudge most things. This is a blessing and a curse. People are getting more and more comfortable assuming I'm pregnant but there is still some awkwardness about whether I'm preggo or need to work out more. That goes away if I put on a maternity shirt. The pants with the belly flap... well, fortunately, I'm still a little ways off from wearing them - I think.

AAAARRRGHHH! These kids are driving me crazy. Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. This is taking me forever to type between them joining me on my lap, spilling milk all over the floor and then playing in it, needing drinks, giving me toys, climbing on things.... We will have three soon...

4 comments:

Valerie said...

A girl!? Yay! Congratulations! Do you have any names picked out? Do you tell people if you do?

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

I'm excited for you guys! Maybe our trip back to WA this summer will be after she's here, then we can meet her and you can meet our little girl. How fun would that be?!:)

Melanie said...

I was going to say....if you think you are crazy now.....JUST WAIT!

A GIRL.......OH, I am so jealous (but not jealous enough to go out and get pregnant just in hopes that it will be a girl....the odds are not in my favor).

I'm glad you and the babe are doing well. It's always a relief to find things seemingly good.

I say go for the maternity clothes. I would rather people KNOW that be guessing whether or not I am just chubby....but that's me.

MiStY said...

How exciting. Congratulations on it being a girl. Your other two are cuties. Hope all is well.