Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Monday, February 23, 2009

How NICE!

So nice: *dripping sarcasm*
It took Qwest 5-7 days to hook up my phone and internet. It took 5-7 hours to disconnect. Gotta love that.
Actual statements by Qwest customer service folks:
"Sir, I am not going to apologize for this." (talking to Roy, not me)
thanks, not looking for an apology but that attitude is definitely earning my business!

"I'm sorry you were quoted the wrong price."
uh, I'm sorry but that is the price I agreed to pay, wrong or not. I DID NOT AGREE TO THIS INSANE NUMBER YOU ARE CHARGING ME!

I'm sure there are more but I try to block them from my memory.
In better Qwest news, I did finally talk to someone who was both nice and helpful! If I had talked to the one nice and helpful person working there first, perhaps I wouldn't have felt it so necessary to disconnect.
(If you work for Qwest, please don't send me hate mail. I'm sure there is more than one nice and helpful person who works there. I just had a very difficult time finding them. Also, I know many customers are huge jerks. That does NOT make it okay to treat everyone like they are incompetent imbiciles.)

For reals nice: *warm fuzzies and butterflies for all!*
A week and a half ago, the people at the gym's kid's club gave me this great news:
'D is so well behaved. He never hits the other kids even when they are playing Star Wars and the other kids hit him. He has a great imagination and plays so well. We really enjoy having them both here. K is so cute and never gives us any trouble.'
*warm fuzzies for the gym people*

Today I got an email from D's primary teacher telling me how smart he is and how quickly he learns the things she is teaching them. She said, "You are obviously doing a good job." Extra cookies after FHE for that kid! Anytime he makes me look good he definitely gets extra cookies. Heaven knows how many people have thought otherwise about my parenting skills!
*warm fuzzies for the people who teach D's class*

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Why do you seem to get all the crappy customer service people?

It's nice to get kudos about your kids. VERY NICE!

Sheena said...

I don't know. I am really very nice on the phone. I know this because I don't have the guts to be mean. Maybe I sound like a push over? Maybe I should be more...demanding? I just don't want to be rude?