Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, June 14, 2009

This and That

My children's beds seem to be spring loaded. They pop right out and into my bed at any given hour of the night. Like little Jack-in-the-Boxes.

When we moved into this place, Roy and I had an actual conversation about trading sides of the bed. This was because the set up of our room meant that Roy's 'usual' side of the bed was closest to the door. We decided that I would sleep closest to the door so that the kids would come to me and not bother Roy if they needed something during the night. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Of four night time interruptions last night only one came to my side of the bed. Both children have, of their own free will, taken to walking around the bed and whining pitifully at "Daddy".

I may have mentioned that we have a garden plot in our stake's community garden. We are going to become known as either "Horticultural Geniuses" or "Those Cheapskates with the Sticks". Let me explain. We opted not to buy tomato cages or trellises or any commercially created supports. The cheap cages were $2 each or the expensive ones range from $6-10 each. (Seriously, those should have Kryptonite cores!) Anyway, we need support for *cough*18*cough* tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 6 green beans and 2 cantalope plants. That's a bucket load of money. So instead we had a "special stick gathering family home evening" a few weeks ago. We drove up to a nearby hiking spot and gathered branches to make our own garden supports. Using the branches and some heavy thread I already had we have staked and trellised our garden. If we fall into the "Horticultural Genius" category, I'll post pictures. If we fall into the "Cheapskate" category, I'll forbear. Roy and I have discussed putting up a sign saying "This Garden Belongs to Ben Scrivens". We would put "Ray Riggin" but no one here would get the joke. *sigh*

If I feel the urge for public display I will post a picture of my incredibly swollen and oversized belly. I really think this is the biggest I've ever been in all three pregnancies. My back hurts even when I am sitting down!

I invested in a leash for K. Before you judge harshly, it is a monkey and she loves it. Unless D happens to hold the end of the monkey tail. Then the injustice is too much for her and she throws herself down in a fit of drama. As she is a defiant and independent 2-year-old this has become a necessity. I can no longer chase her down and carrying both of my girls at the same time is...uh.....difficult and awkward. Better to be on a leash than lost or flattened.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I get the Ray Riggin comment ;).

There is no shame in a leash. I would much rather know where my kids are at all times, too. Especially if they're prone to disappearing acts.

And Ryan always got the middle of the night complaints when I was pregnant because I always got them when the baby was born.

Fair's fair, Roy. :)

Melanie said...

I love it. All of it. Thanks for a humorous read. I could use more of those right now. Leashes are AWESOME. I am thinking of getting one myself.