Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was my birthday on Monday. We mostly celebrated on Sunday just because. Roy and D made dinner -- in the dutch ovens, yummy. They also made a cake, so we had cake and sang "Happy Birthday".

Monday was a regular day since I am a mom and kids are no respecters of anything. Monday evening was special though. After dinner, I got to open my presents. I had already told Roy not to spend anything because what I really want is money in the bank for a home down payment. So, he and D bought me my favorite variety of Captain Crunch (the plain old original) and some 10-grain hot cereal (we call it Mommy's Treat Cereal at our house. Roy likes plain cracked wheat but D wouldn't eat it until we started calling it Daddy's Treat Cereal).

Anyway, I opened my presents and we sang "Happy Birthday" again. D absolutely loves birthdays and singing the song. Then Roy put K to bed while D took me 'out' for ice cream. I got a free ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery (yummy!!) for my birthday.

As we were getting ready to head out, I was talking to D about him "taking me out for my birthday." He got very matter of fact and said, "But Mommy, you'll have to drive because, well look at me, I'm just a kid." Ah yes, I can see that...

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I would've made you go out Saturday to celebrate...;)

Carol said...

Ah Sheena...............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! It's so fun to read your blog and see your darling children. I hope we get to see you sometime this summer. Love you!! Carol

Richins Family said...

Hope you had a happy birthday! I am glad that all is well with you! Good luck on the up coming baby arrival! I hope that it all goes well! Your other children are so cute!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, it sounds like you had a great day with family.