Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Monday, February 8, 2010

Gotta Love FHE

So when your kids are little, every night is family HOME evening night. Still we try to have actual FHE on Monday nights. Here's a particularly er...humorous sampling.
I was in the kitchen making Fortune Cookies. (It seemed like a good idea at the time, okay?) D and K are downstair cleaning up. (Yeah right.) A is sleeping in the swing. I can hear the kids playing and in my subconsious mind I hear something about peeing but it doesn't really penetrate. There is a bathroom down there so... ya know, it was probably wishful oblivion. Anyway, a few minutes later D comes up to tell me that K has peed in the Lincoln Log box. Super nice. Only I really really can't come immediately but I can be there in less than 3 minutes. I figure the job is done so I'll be there soon.
When I get down there not only has K peed but D has taken the liberty of dumping it out. On the carpet. Swell.
I calmly (hahaha) take the box out to the garbage making sure the door slams behind me so they know I'm upset. Roy comes home about this time. In an effort to help out, he goes down to clean the carpet (because I'm the idiot in the kitchen making fortune cookies, dinner and the FHE activity, remember?). Suddenly I hear him say, "Oh no!" I am certain he has inadvertantly used bleach on the carpet and somehow it is going to be my fault. But no. He has inadvertantly used Draino on the carpet and it is in no way my fault.
Scene change to me trying to get D to eat (darn near impossible. he hates all dinner foods right now). Roy is filling bowls with soapy water, scrubbing, emptying the bowl and going again. He eventually is down there on his hands and knees with a blow dryer trying to see just how bad the damage will be. I finally get D to eat all his dinner, K to take her bites and A's fericious appetite curbed. We get pajamas and start FHE. Somehow the spirit of love was not quite like I'd planned for this fun family activity about love. Imagine.

No comments: