Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Funny-isms

These have been percolating in my drafts for a while. Enjoy!

A week or so ago the kids and I were in the car. D started singing a song. I sang the second verse - which he didn't know. When I finished D said, "Thanks for singing to me mom. That was totally great!" Spoken like a true 'valley girl'.



D and I were having a conversation about Santa and his reindeer. I said something about Rudolph. D told me there is no such thing as Rudolph. He's just a story. "There are no reindeer with glowing red noses." (yet flying reindeer are okay....?)



K is constantly cracking me up with her language. I love when kids are learning how to talk and use vocabulary. Lately she has been telling me, "Alone me! Alone me!" Which means, 'leave me alone'. She also says, "I's not yours, i's mine." And "I sowwy"



A loves to eat. She gets so excited she starts panting in double time. She loves peas but avocados...not so much. (K however loves avocados.)

D came down the stairs one evening and asked me, "Mom, do you know what an 'exoskeleton' is?"
Me: "Uh, yeah. Do you?"
D: "Yeah. It's when your skeleton is on the outside of your body."
Me: "Right." What the...? He's 5 people!

Last night, D was explaining how to make a volcano to his daddy. He was telling about the lava exploding. He used the terms ploop and plooping. When he said plooping, I couldn't help it anymore (he was seriously cracking me up). I asked him, "Did you just say 'plooping'?" His response, "Not pooping, plooping. Pl, pl, pl, plooping." Really, I knew that I was just having so much fun with his new word, plooping. I think I shall have to find an excuse to use that in conversations.

I was sitting on the couch while K was playing in front of me. She decided she needed to go get something so she put her hand up (like a hi-5) and said, "I be right back." She even bounced her hand a bit to emphasize I should just stay put.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You're kids are soooo cute and sooo funny, and I miss them soooo much. Can't wait to come back this summer!

Melanie said...

He he...they are super funny. It's a good thing. We need to see that side of them.