Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

FHE (warning: lots of links!)

Last night we had two other families come over for a combined Family Home Evening. It was a lot of fun. This is the third month we've done this. We usually have it the first Monday of the month, but my kids were sick.
So, anyway, it was our month to host. This means I spent all day cleaning like a mad woman and cooking awesome food. We had Enchiladas with homemade Green Sauce and Cafe Rio style chicken. For dessert I made these Mint Brownies. It was an excellent dinner -- even if I am the one saying it. The brownies though, yeah, special occasion brownies. They are good and super rich. They do take a bit of time and effort though. So if you want a simple mint brownie I suggest making a simple brownie or use a brownie mix then placing Andes mints on top as soon as you remove the brownies from the oven.
Dannelle did a great lesson about the Savior's admonition to Peter to "Feed my Sheep". She had this cute craft where the kids traced their hands then turned the tracing upside down and filled it in with cottonballs to make little hand sheep.
It is alot of fun to get together with our friends every month. It does get at bit crazy when you consider the kids. If you take D out of the equasion there are 5 kids 3 and under. There's another family that usually comes but she just had a baby. That will make it 7 kids 3 and under. D is the far away oldest at 5 - and the biggest.
In other FHE news, I am planning on making a lesson about the prophet Elisha from the Old Testament for my FHE packet group. Anyone have any ideas about Elisha activities. I am thinking I will make a little flip book telling some of the miracles of Elisha. I'm also thinking about making Elisha Go Fish cards. My friend's husband is a great artist and can draw any illustrations I need. What do you think? What would you do to teach your kids about Elisha?

1 comment:

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

I haven't looked at the mint brownie links, but when I do them, I just make cheap boxed brownies and the add mint extract and green food coloring to the frosting (homemade or store bought) I spread on top. Super easy!! :)