Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools Day!

I know I said cupcakes, but we had pie instead. It was super good! Even the kids enjoyed it. Plus, as an added bonus the potatoes are colored pink, not by food dye, but by beets. Hooray for extra vitamins and whatever else beets give you. Double hooray for not actually tasting beets! (D heard me telling Roy about the beets. He asked me what a beet was. I said, "Beats me!" Roy and I both laughed more than we should have over such a silly joke. For the rest of the night, D would ask something about beets and either Roy or I would reply "beats me!" The simple things of life...)




D wasn't too sure he wanted dessert when I kept calling it meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. Then we talked him into having "meatloaf" but he didn't want potatoes. When he saw daddy's dessert though, D was all for everything!

Before dinner, D decided he wanted to call his Grandma B. I didn't realize this until I heard him on the phone. Once he got grandma on the phone he asked her, "Grandma, is your refrigerator running?" It took at least 5 attempts before grandma could even understand him because he was laughing so hard in anticipation of the joke! When she said yes, he told her she'd better go chase it! D has been waiting to use this joke on her for awhile now. Roy told him a story (which he told to me while he kept grandma on the line then told to grandma) about how a couple of Roy's siblings would call the neighbors and use this joke. You know, back in the pre-historic days before caller-id.
D was on a kick tonight. He talked and talked on the phone to grandma and then grandpa (she finally handed him off). He told them his favorite Knock-Knock Jokes:
knock-knock
who's there?
banana
banana who?
banana-banana, knock-knock
who's there?
banana
banana who?
banana-banana, knock-knock
who's there?
*repeat the banana thing as many times as you want, which if you're 5 is at least 50*
orange
orange who?
orange you glad I didn't say banana?
knock-knock
who's there?
interrupting cow
interrupting moo cow who?
Immediately following each joke is uncontrolled laughter. He was really having a great time.
During dinner, Roy told about one April Fool's day when his mom colored some water yellow to look like lemonade so when everyone drank it they were surprised by water. D decided this was a great prank. He had to pause dinner so he could make some "lemonade" to fool daddy and K. Roy was a good sport about it even thought he was in the same room while we made it.
All in all, it was a great evening. Now the girls are both asleep in bed and D is piddling around like the pokey little puppy. I've given him the deadline. We'll see if he gets his stories tonight or not.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Well someone obviously sold their soul to amazon.com...sounds like you had a fun day!

Emily said...

That looks yummy!!! Maybe I should have had dessert to make up for the "cupcakes" :)