Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random Random Randominity

We seem to have broken through the...uh...barrier with K. I think it was the proper combination of reverse psychology ("Don't you dare poop in my potty!") and bribery (Trident Gum). Put those two together and K will do practically anything. Practically. She is just stubborn enough that when you tell her not to do something she will. This could be a big problem later in life....
A is getting two more teeth. She currently has her bottom two middle teeth. Now she is cutting her top two on-either-side-of-the-middle teeth. You know, the teeth between the front middle and canine. I don't know what they are called.
I was at a yard sale this weekend and found SAFETY KIDS!!! Totally 1980's music/dialog discussing safety practices such as "look for a grandma or mother with children" or "always use the buddy system". Man. The memories. Naturally I bought the tapes and coordinating coloring books.
I donated a few things to this same yard sale (it was a fundraiser for the ym/yw in the ward), including a small table and three chairs. This caused no small amount of consternation for D. He clung, screamed, whimpered, grabbed, yelled, cried and just generally carried on. Being the loving, sensitive person I am, I laughed. I know. That sounds so terrible. But he was seriously hilarious. When he had finally calmed down and I could keep a straight face, we talked about how it was just "stuff" and stuff is replaceable. We can't keep all stuff that comes our way or we wouldn't be able to even get out of our house. It was a good talk. Still, if D has a hoarding problem as an adult we will know where it started.
I need a new camera. Mine only takes blurry or over-exposed shots. I have had it for nearly 6 years now. It has had a good life taking literally thousands of pictures. So if you have anything to say about cameras, please please let me know before I buy one.
I went to the store yesterday and totally planned of buying a squirt bottle. I forgot. *sigh*

No comments: