Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finally Spring!

We have been waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting and.... you get the idea) for spring and it seems to finally be here. We took the kids to the river today. We like to park about a mile or so down the trail from the park and ride our bikes up. A rides in the bike trailer but everyone else rides their bikes...including K! (Who also happens to be the only one I took a picture of. doh.)

The kids played in the river but they had strict rules about how far out they could go. The water is really high and running fast.
Notice the picnic table in the top of this picture:
Usually you have to talk a long way past that table to get the water. The river is officially 3 feet over flood stage right now.

A was pretty content to sit on a park bench and enjoy some snacks. She did some playground playing and swinging but didn't have much interest in the river. I'm glad. She's too little.
D and I rode over to a nearby lake. It is flooded too. There is usually a nice sandy beach. In fact, you can see some white poles that are the beach volleyball pit. Not much volleyball going on there right now!
We passed this 'possum on the way. He was really excited. "My first 'possum!" I told D we'd better take a picture because I know K's going to want to see it. D's response was, "Yea! Take a picture of MY. DEAD. 'POSSUM." Like he's so proud of this dead animal he found.

1 comment:

Carol said...

We know what you mean about waiting and waiting for spring! I think (think being the operative word here) it has arrived here as well. It was cool again yesterday. I'm assuming "river" is the Columbia? Glad you had a good visit with G&G. Love you!! Thanks for the post. I love to read them!