Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Madness

Today my neighbor's 5th wheel trailer blew up. It generated some excitement to understate the adrenaline rush I had when I looked out the window and thought my neighbor's house was on fire. Crazy what a little flame and smoke will do to your heart rate. Luckily everyone is fine. The trailer is no more and the house sustained some damage but no one was injured and the house is still there.

Tonight for Family Home Evening we had a special activity at the local Winco. It is called "Grocery Shopping". It was an activity designed out of necessity for food. Since I went with Roy I came out with 2 bags of chips, 2 tins of sardines, 5 gallons of ice cream and cones that were not on my list. I feel rather accomplished at keeping his so reigned in!

There's a story that goes with the sardines. D has been asking to try them for a while. We bought a tin a few months ago but Roy ate them one night when the kids were already in bed. D was pretty upset when he found out. So tonight, he wasn't taking any chances. As soon as we got home he was whipping out a tin of sardines to try. All three kids tried them. K popped her half a sardine in her mouth and never looked back. A asked for a second helping. D ate 2 whole sardines. He did okay but was pretty weirded out when the fact came out that the bones are still in the sardines!! I managed to stay in the kitchen preparing dinner without having run to the bathroom once. It was a trick though when I saw D holding a full sized sardine and biting into it. If I was pregnant there is NO WAY I could have stayed in the HOUSE!!

And so there you go. Madness.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh my disgustingness. UGH! How in the heck. YUCK!