Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The End





This is it. The end of D's Kindergarten career. Monday was Kindergarten Graduation. A fun little event where we got to see D perform and receive a certificate of completion. I know there are some out there who feel that graduation ceremonies for kindergarten are silly and superfulous. I can't say they are wrong, but I love a good excuse to cheer for my kid. He was so fun up there singing songs in Spanish. I really miss that he won't be learning Spanish in school next year. Maybe Uncle Rick will send him letters in Spanish from CHILE!! (Wahoo!! My baby brother is going to serve a 2 year mission in Chile!!)

Roy came from work to attend the ceremony. It was a really great thing too because K decided to act up while I was trying to video. That's right, it is all on video! After the ceremony, we all went back to D's classroom. The kindergartners went out for recess while the parents prepared snacks for the kids. K helped me load plates and set them out for the kids. There were some extra plates and hats. Check out the big graduate with his adorable little sisters!

Tuesday was summer birthday celebration day. D decided he wanted to take birthday goodie bags in to his class. That's right -- even with a September birthday he has a summer birthday. Only some years.

Wednesday was the last day of school. They had a school barbeque. D got to eat a hotdog. Wahoo. He gave his teacher and his bus driver each a card he made himself and a bookmark we got from the Disney Family Fun Website.

After he got home from school, I made him tell me on video what he learned and his favorite parts about Kindergarten. It was fun. He managed to fill several minutes. He finished by saying he would miss Mrs. Childers. I know he is excited to try the Challenge program but he will miss the friends he is leaving behind at SJA. He will also miss riding the bus. I think it will be worth it.

No comments: