Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Daredevils

We went to an amusement park this weekend for Roy's work party.  I wasn't totally sure how the kids would do but was looking forward to it still the same.  We started with a catered lunch at the picnic area before heading off to ride the rides!  First was the ferris wheel.  D,K and Roy were able to fit in one cart while A and I took another cart.  I was reminded shortly into the ride that I really don't like ferris wheels.  A on the other hand loved it -- especially when the seat rocked.  I tried not to feel like the world's biggest sissy for telling my 2 year old to stop rocking the cart! 
After the ferris wheel we headed to the carousel.  We were trying to ease the kids into the rides.  I think it worked because D wouldn't ride on anything that moved on the carousel but you'll see that we got braver as the day went on!
 We soon headed over to the kiddie rides.  This is a bad picture of everyone riding the kiddie coaster except me (someone had to take the pictures... really, I like roller coasters!  I rode the big white one that went upside down before we left.)  You can see Roy.  Right next to him is A who you can't see.  A few seats back you can see K and next to her with a fraction of his head showing is D.  There was no good angle to get a picture.
 Right next to the kiddie coaster was the Frog Hopper.  This turned out to be everyone's favorite ride.  Especially A's!  We rode this ride so many times I lost count.  It is the kid's version of the Tower of Terror.  Not quite as high and instead of a straight drop it bounce-drops. 
K and A's First Ride



K and A's Last Ride
We rode the rocking tug boat, all the little kiddie rides that go around in a circle ie cars, motorcycles, airplanes.  We also rode the hot air balloon ride that takes you in a circle and rises in the air.  It has it own controls for spinning your "balloon" and D took great pleasure in seeing how fast he could spin it!  All 3 kids rode the Tilt-A-Whirl.  Even A who got carsick going for a ride in Grandpa's truck enjoyed the Tilt-A-Whirl. 

 We headed over to the big-person side of the park to check out some of those rides.  Roy and D went on the Disc-O which is basically a flat disc that rocks back and forth on a track while spinning fast.  They both felt a bit motion sick after that. 
After spending several hours riding all the rides they were eligible to ride we headed home.  This is what happened about 10 feet outside the gate on the way to the van.  She just couldn't take it anymore!  The other two crashed in the van on the way home.  It was such a great and fun day!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness. You kids are so brave. I'm not sure my kids would have gone on any of those. their kinda wimpy.