Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, August 21, 2011

MIA

I've been offline lately. I have only even checked my email a couple of times in the last two weeks. I'm not going to say I'm back but here's a post anyway.



Monday, D went in to the fracture clinic to have his arm checked out by a pediatric orthopedist. They took some xrays and decided they would indeed change his cast. In order to make sure he didn't move his arm while the cast was off they put him in chinese fingercuffs dangling from a pole. It looked a bit like a torture device but didn't seem to hurt him. This cast is much smaller and less heavy but actually covers more of his arm. Hopefully he'll be able to move into a shorter cast soon and free up his elbow.

Old Cast:



Chinese Finger Torture:




New Cast:


We mostly haven't done much this week. We went to the new library in town. The kids' section is the entire 3rd floor. It is much like an indoor playground with large play areas and interactive learning toys.


I got a new pool for the kids (girls since D can't swim right now). I picked it up at 4 pm on Saturday evening and K has pretty much been in her swimsuit ever since. She did wear pj's to bed and a dress to church but other than that...


We've spent a lot of time picking the trim colors for the house. Roy painted it blue while I was in Utah. We've finally decided on two shades of white for the trim. One is a sandy cream color that looks good on the rain gutters and around the top of the roof. Around the windows we are putting a white-tinted-blue shade that looks really crisp and nice. Finally we want to make our shutters, windowboxes and door pop with a red wine color. Hopefully things don't look too much like a kaleidoscope. I don't think they will. Of course, if I thought they would I wouldn't do it ;)


We had a ward BBQ on Wednesday that Roy was in charge of. What possessed Roy to volunteer to head up a party I'll never know. I usually have to drag him to these things against his will. It was a very basic event that everyone enjoyed a great deal. I'm proud of him. This is a good start. Maybe I'll put him in charge of D's birthday party this year.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Man...lots of excitement going on at your house.

You'll have to post pictures of the house when you get it done. Yay!