Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Day

Here in the land of zero snowplows when it snows enough to stick to the road, school shuts down.  Wednesday was just such a day.  I got the flashalert text at 4 am letting me know there would be no school.  K has been asking for snow for months.  She heard it was winter and has a firm belief that winter = snow.  Her first words when she got out of bed were, "Daddy!  I'm ready to go play in the snow!"  These were all taken before breakfast!

It was actually raining a bit while they were playing in the snow.  Honestly, how many places can you play in the snow and rain at the same time?  Luckily it wasn't a freezing rain.  Been there, done that and it is a mess.  The snow was pretty much gone by nightfall and school was back on today.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're nice. I made my kids eat breakfast first. But...we did end up getting freezing rain.

School had a 2 hour delay on Wed (kindergarten was cancelled)...it was cancelled on Thursday and Friday (Rob's work was cancelled too) and the kids have tomorrow (Monday) off because it's "end of term" something yada yada.

Needless to say...I'm ready for Tuesday.