Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, January 29, 2012

This Week...


  • I took A to the doctor.  Turns out she has an ear infection and throat infection that is probably not strep but is actually viral.  She's on antibiotics for her ear and nothing for her throat.  Tylenol and IBU I guess.  Also, the doc did her 2 year well-check.  A is a big girl.  She's in or near the 90th percentile for head, height and weight.  The doc isn't worried though because she is proportioned well.  Poor K doesn't have any clothes to herself anymore because A wears them all too.
  • I only went to the gym once (see sick child above).  Now I remember part of why I have a hard time going.  It seems like every time I get serious about working out someone gets sick.  I'm not giving up though.  I'm back at it again this week!
  • K and A are usually good friends.  They've started sharing the top bunk.  They talk and giggle and read stories in the top bunk after we put them to bed.  I know I should put a stop to this late night (8:30) behavior but I am so happy for them to get along that I just can't bring myself to be too harsh about it!  This is what Roy and I found Saturday night when we checked on the girls:

  • I am stressed about D's research project.  ELECTRICITY?!  Why oh WHY?!  We picked out some books from the library.  I've also been thinking about taking him to one of the dams on the river to see how hydropower is generated.  I think we may be building an atom in the next few weeks.
  • Saturday D had a birthday party at PSU.  We braved the wilds of Portland to bowl with friends.  It was fun.  We went last year too and it is always a good time.  I really like his friend and the family.  They are good friends and neighbors.
  • I hosted book club at my house Tuesday night.  We discussed Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Anna Chua.  I never would have read it on my own but it was good to read and discuss.  I am glad for the opportunity to expand my horizons.  I also need to be more like a tiger mother but not to the crazy side like Ms. Chua. 
  • Roy and I went out TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!  Did you hear that?  TWO!  We went to ward temple night on Friday night.  We hadn't even thought about it until one of the young women I work with on Wednesdays asked if she could babysit for free while we went.  Um, yes.  So we did.  Then, Saturday morning at 6:45 AM I got 3 texts from the bishop.  (Who does that?  A busy man in Florida  does that.)  He was supposed to attend a Yule Ball being put on by the stake for 16-18 year-olds.  Since he was in Florida he wouldn't be able to attend and neither one of his counselors could make it either.  The youth love us could we go?  Sure.  So we did.  It was so much fun!  We had a nice dinner, chatted with the youth, listened to a great talk about dating (DO IT!) and danced our little hearts out.  I gave Roy a hard time because he couldn't dance but the clincher came when he was supposed to lead the youth from our ward in the YMCA.  He doesn't know the YMCA.  That's right.  HE DOES NOT KNOW THE YMCA.  I did not know it was possible that there was a single person in the US at least who doesn't know the YMCA but apparently there is one and I married him.  The youth got a great kick out of it though.  Good times.  I love going out with that man.  It is always a good time.  

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love the pictures of the girls. That is SO adorable.

And...lucky you...date night. Couldn't be better.