Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Makin' my life easier on visit at a time

Today was the first day of winter break and we kicked it off with a trip to the dentist for all the kids.  Before you start to think me the Grinch, you should know that my kids LOVE the dentist.  So much so that they have been using their Christmas countdown calendars to also countdown to the day we go to the dentist.  In fact, on Sunday K excitedly announced, "Only 3 more days before we go to the dentist.  I'M SO EXCITED!!"
Weird.
We got there and K was called to go in first.  Of course some nervousness had set in so she wanted me to go with her.  All I did was walk through the door with her and she was transformed.  She hopped right up in her chair.  She was cheery and chatty with everyone.  All the hygienists were getting a huge kick out of her.  Our former Bishop is the Pediatric Orthodontist at this office.  He came over to say "Hi" and declared that next time they video a promotion they should plan it when K is there.  She is a natural spokeswoman - telling everyone how much she loves to come and how she's going to be a dentist when she grows up.
My little A was also pumped up by her sister's enthusiasm.  She got in the big dentist chair and laid back for the hygienist to clean her teeth when it was her turn.  I was super proud of her.  This was the first time she's ever sat in the chair and not on my lap.  No tears were shed.  It was awesome.
D was way down the row of chairs.  I went to check on him a few times but he's an old pro at the dentist.  He's maybe a little too comfortable as I had to remind him to not play with the tools.  He had a consultation with the Orthodontist as there are orthodontics in his future but not for another year at least.  Good times there!
So basically, my kids love their dentist.  I am so happy to have such a great office.  I love that there is not fighting or crying from any of them but actual excited anticipation.  Just one way my  life is made easier!

Update 1/7/2013
A and I were driving home from my Dr. appointment today when from out of nowhere A announces, "When I grow up I'm gonna be Docca Todd!"  He's our dentist.

No comments: