Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The anniversary we keep celebrating

Now we may not have done something big and/or elaborate for our 10 year anniversary but we have celebrated it repeatedly.  Remember, we went to the Forgotten Carols the day after Thanksgiving.  Then the day after our anniversary we got a babysitter and went out (Christmas shopping but it was out nonetheless!)  Then this weekend we've had more celebratory time together.
We had planned on going to the temple while we were in St. George visiting Roy's parents.  (We're in St. George now....)  It is especially sentimental because this is where we were married.  It was decided we would do some family name sealings.  I also had the opportunity to stand as maternal proxy while my MIL was sealed to her parents.  I was honored she would ask me to do that for her.
Roy and I ended up spending a few hours in the temple doing sealings with my in-laws and some other relatives.  We knew this would probably be the case so we had arranged for my parents to take our kids with them back to Delta and we will follow tomorrow.  (My parents were down visiting my grandparents near St. George.)  This means that we not only didn't have to worry about them while we were in the temple but we also got an 24 hour reprieve without having to care for the kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love those kids like nobody's business but sometimes reprieves are nice.
After sealings, Roy and I spent time walking around the temple grounds and visitor's center.  It was so nice just to enjoy one another's company.  I love spending time with Roy.
Tonight was spent with family - super extended family like my FIL's brother and cousins.  It was ... . ... . .. not as bad as I'd feared.  We had some really good conversations and laughed with some great people.  It was a good lesson to keep an open mind.  Something I have to keep learning, unfortunately.
Tomorrow we're headed back to Delta and our kids.  I'm looking forward to a peaceful drive with Roy and plenty of time to talk, uninterrupted!  Such a precious and rare commodity these days!

No comments: