Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, October 4, 2013

Funny Stories

These are some funny things the girls did/said this summer but I never quite got around to posting them.

We were playing in the backyard on afternoon.  K came up to show me some spots of dry skin on her leg.  I told her they were her leopard spots coming out.  (She is in a leopard stage right now and would love to be a leopard when she grows up.)  My friend was over and we gave her a hard time about growing a tail next.  We were all laughing.  The day moved on and before you know it it's bedtime.  I went in to tuck K into bed.  I asked her what she was thinking about.  She said, "I'm just thinking about when I'll be a leopard."
Me: "Uh, K you know you won't actually be a leopard, right?"
K: "Yes I will.  My leopard spots are growing."
Me: *facepalm*

K is boy crazy.  Every time I turn around she got a new mate picked out.  I frequently hear things like, "He's so cute.  I'm going to marry him."  During our family reunion this summer K met her cousin Miles.  He's also 6.  She ran around playing and chasing all the boys but she took an extra liking to Miles.  "Mom, what's the name of the boy who's 6?" (She could not remember his name.)
"Miles?"
"Yeah.  I think I'm falling in love with him."
*facepalm*

A asked me out of the blue at breakfast one day, "Mom, how old is dad?"
"32."
A (totally nonchalant) "Wow.  He's about to die."
O.o

No comments: