Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Primary Program

The primary has been learning and practicing new songs all year and today was the day they presented their program in Sacrament meeting.  This is A's first year to participate.  All the kids had a little part they memorized.  We've had a few rough experiences with primary programs in the past so we've been practicing their parts a lot in our family.  One perk to having Roy in the Bishopric is that we have keys so we can get into the church whenever so we've taken the kids up to practice their parts in the microphone quite a few times.
Grandma and Grandpa Bishop and Uncle Rick were able to be here this weekend so they got to see the program too.
I was so proud of all my kids!  All three of them did such a tremendous job.  They were all singing when it was time for them to sing.  They all did their talks clearly and boldly into the microphone without any prompting from the adult leaders.  There was one song where D was bouncing his notes when it was a holding note.  You wouldn't think anyone would notice but it was pretty loud.  I could hear it near the back where we were sitting.  Particularly I was proud of A.  She can sometimes be a bit shy but I saw her up there singing all the words for all the songs.  When she got up to say her part, the microphone wasn't adjusted correctly so the leaders asked her to say her part again which she did without a problem.  Really, I don't think it could have been better.  Those three kids are just such great kids!
Before the program the primary president emailed asking for comments from each kid about what they loved about their primary teachers.  This is the email I sent back after talking to the kids.

Jeanette,
These are the answers I got from the kids.  I know they love their primary teachers.  They like to share things they learn and talk about what their teachers say.  As a parent, I am profoundly grateful for good primary teachers.  I appreciate their preparation and the love they show my kids.  Their primary teachers are an important part of their lives.  I'm grateful for you too and all the behind the scene stuff that goes on to make the primary run so well.
A: "We get marshmallows like everyday. Sometimes they bring toys we can play with like blocks and stuff.  They bring snacks everyday."
K: "Everyday they bring snacks.  Sometimes Sister Pabst lets me play on her phone.  They make me feel happy."
D: "I like how Brother Horrocks brings gummi bears.  Brother Horrocks has a sense of humor.  Brother Simmons makes me happy because he tells lots of stories that have to do with the lessons."
Thank you for all you do!
Sheena

No comments: