Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, December 13, 2013

Anniversary


Today is our 11th wedding anniversary.  The kids kept asking me where we were going to go for our anniversary.  I kept saying nowhere.  I finally said we'd have a party with just our family at our house.  K asked me how everyone would fit.  It took me a bit but I finally realized why they kept asking me these questions.  It's because we went to Grandpa and Grandma's 50th wedding anniversary party this summer.  That's really the only association they have with the word "anniversary"!
Anyway, Roy and I played it low key this year.  I made his favorite lasagna for dinner and he surprised me with a beautiful card and a little flower. I love Roy.  He's pretty clueless about flowers and such though.  He told D, "Hey, come see what I got for mom."  D took one look at the little flower and said, "Oh, a poinsettia." Roy was flabbergasted.  "How did you know that?  I didn't know what it was."  Roy confessed he was pretty lost when he went into the store looking for flowers.  "Uh, I was here at Valentine's day and you had all these flowers. . . " Seriously, I love the story as much as the flower!
We didn't go out tonight because there's an adult Christmas dinner for the ward tomorrow.  They are having a nice dinner and dancing.  We'll be doing that.  And I definitely plan on getting my "groove" on (assuming I still have a groove after 11 years of marriage and three four kids).

No comments: