Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A's first talk

A came home from church last week with a wristband indicating she would be speaking in primary next week -- which was today.  So this week we've been working on her talk.  I had her dictate to me what she wanted to say because she had her own ideas about what her talk should be.  The topic was something about Jesus Christ will come to the Earth again.  A's talk went like this:
I know that Jesus Christ will come again.
And all the animals will be good.
And all the people will be good.

I know Jesus Christ loves me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Short, sweet and to the point - and written by a four year old.  She memorized it but insisted on having her paper with the talk written on it with her, ya know in case she forgot.  I guess she forgot she can't read yet.  We practiced a lot during the week.  She really wanted to go up to the church and practice in the primary room at the pulpit.  It took until Saturday evening but we finally made it over to practice.  She did great except she kept talking like a robot, enunciating every syllable.  Like, Je. Sus.  and An. I. Mal.  Also, no matter how many times we talked about it she kept saying "I know when Jesus Christ will come again."  Oh well.  I suppose the Lord will forgive a Sunbeam claiming to know when the Savior will come again.  And judging by the noise in junior primary I'm not too worried that her audience will be led astray by her claims.
So today, she got right up when it was her turn.  I went up with her to hold the pictures but she spoke into the microphone and said her talk just like she'd practiced.  I had to prompt her to finish with "In the name...." but otherwise it was entirely from her memory.  Roy and I are so proud of the great job she did and confidence she displayed.  What an awesome girl!

New back posts: Primary Program
Pumpkin Patch

No comments: