Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is this day over yet?

This is my 100th post! I was going to do something awesome like 100 ways I am amazing or some other equally fascinating something. I'm too tired. Plus I want to share my day with you.

*Sigh*
This morning K wanted to help roll A over. So she did. It is awkward and rough but A takes it like a trooper. Really, the girl is tough. Not long after, A was on her tummy and D wanted to help her roll over. (A can roll from her back to her tummy but then she is stuck :)
In his overzealous, loving way D rolled her over and this time A's shoulder and arm got pinned under her. This too has happened before. However, when I freed A's arm it was very limp and at an odd angle....
She didn't break it (I'm pretty sure but I didn't actually take her out for X-rays). Across the street from Mom and Dad's house is the "neighborhood nurse". I've known Cindy for as long as I can remember and we headed over there for a preliminary medical opinion. After some discussion, prodding, wiggling and much crying (not by me thankyouverymuch!) we determined to let A take a nap and see how things go.
After her nap, A seemed to be better. Her arm still hurts but we pinned it down with an ace bandage. This interfers with her thumb/other thumb/back to the first thumb sucking pattern. Mostly she is okay but very sad and sensitive. An old high school friend is coming over tonight. She is an Occupational Therapist at Primary Children's Hospital. I totally plan on exploiting her skills for free!

Also, it is snowing. And windy. Snow breeds excitement and wanting to play. Wind breeds cold cold cold! So now I have squirrely kids bouncing off walls and annoying people.

Oh, and it's BYU football today. Uh, I don't know how many of you follow BYU football but it usually involves much yelling, grumping and possibly throwing of objects at this house. Especially when BYU is playing poorly, as they were today.

Um, what else? Oh yea, D came in with two snowballs to make "snowball shakes". In a fit of "I'm gonna be the cool mom who lets her kids experience things" I threw it in the Magic Bullet, added some sugar, vanilla and Nesquick powder. D loved it. I'm still having waves of heebie-geebies...

K burned her arm last night. We made cookies and she tried to get a cookie off the pan that just came out of the oven. It is okay. She cried for a while and has mostly recovered. So today I thought I would take the gauze off. I did. She needed more. Couldn't live with out more gauze. Oh her owwie. Get the gauze. So I did.

K also has taken to going downstairs on her stomach. She does okay but biffed it and flipped over and hit the wall the last time. Good thing kids have soft bones. If I did that I would probably be in traction.

Oh yes, my personal favorite from today. Dutchess, mom and dad's black lab/mutt dog, was sitting in the living room. She turned her head to go out of the room just as D came flying up the stairs like a bat out of the basement. Crack. They headbutted each other. We all laughed, except D who now has a goose egg right in the middle of his head. And Dutchess.

On the upside, no one has been to the hospital -- yet. (pray for me) No one has totally snapped and been carried away to the loony bin -- yet. BYU is done playing, and they won. Barely.

No comments: