Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, November 13, 2009

Should that picture have even been there?

I was just on Facebook and someone had sent me a cause to join. It was against child abuse. I am very against child abuse so I clicked to join the cause--even though I usually don't join causes on Facebook because I really don't see the point. Anyway, I joined. After clicking the join or support or whatever button, my browser went to the "Thanks for joining our cause" screen. As it was a child abuse related cause, there was a picture of a child. This was a young child who had been terribly beaten on her face. I honestly nearly started crying.
Here's my issue. I abhor child abuse. The thought of children hurting nearly kills me. Honestly, I cry when I take my kids to get their shots. This picture sent chills down me and will probably stick with me for the rest of my life. I know there is abuse out there. I am not shutting my mind to it. I would take any child in a heartbeat. But I do not need to see the pictures to prove there are children hurting. Now I am wishing I hadn't joined the cause. Especially because I don't see how my clicking a button in Facebook helps any child anywhere.
What do you think?

No comments: