Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Keeping Busy

I have several things I've been wanting/needing/putting off doing. Yesterday was the day. Christmas decorations have been slow to come but I finally got around to bringing in the ladder and putting out my decorations. I had lots of trimmed branches from our tree so I used them to create a garland feel. Don't be deceived, it is just a bunch of branches up there but I think the effect is pretty nice.
I still had a bunch of branches left over when I was done so I thought, "Well, I'll just make a wreath. How hard can it be?" It turns out that if you want to make an odd mishapen mass of evergreen it isn't too hard. If you want to make an actual wreath on the other hand....
Finally, I've been meaning to try my hand at homemade laundry soap. I bought the ingredients but still needed to put them together. Since I ran out of laundry soap half way through the job I didn't have much choice. It looks a bit like lumpy lemonade. It smells really clean and fresh. I'll let you know how the washing goes.

Even though I didn't put up or decorate the trees yesterday, I am just now getting around to taking pictures and posting them. I need to get some pictures with the kids in front now!

1 comment:

Lisa Hathaway said...

Wow - you've been super busy and productive lately. Go you! And your trees/decorations look great.

Just wanted to comment - my mother-in-law makes her own laundry soap and loves it. Let me know how yours turns out. Maybe I'll get the gumption to try it someday ...