Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Too. Much. Sugar...

Yesterday I made toffee, fudge, cookies and cupcakes. Today I am languishing in a sugar induced slump. I need to be sanding and staining mangers for the YW. I need to clean up my house. I need to fold laundry (although not so much because I spent hours on Monday doing laundry). Yet I have done none of these things.

In happier news, here's a few pictures from the Festival of Nativities that we went to on Sunday.

This was K's favorite nativity. It is fun to take the kids and have traditions. I admit it would be nice to be able to browse the nativity displays rather than spend all the time in the kids room. As it was we only had a cursory walk through of the displays all the while sounding like a broken record. "Don't touch that. No touching. Please don't touch. That's not for touching. Put your hands in your pockets. Stop touching. Don't. No. Stop. Don't touch." So on and so forth. It was with a sigh of relief I took the kids in the kids room and said, "Now you can touch."


Here's D and A in the story telling booth. They are cheerfully not listening to the story. In fact, here's A's favorite part of the whole evening:


These were wooden beads forming a curtain to seperate the story telling tent. She just kept going back and forth pulling and feeling the beads. In the back, you can see D listening to the story for the approximatly 3.9 seconds he paid attention.

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of K's favorite part. There was a display with some 2-D sheep. She kept sitting on them like she was riding a horse. She likes sheep. There are some sheep that live in a field across the street from our church. She calls them the "sheepy-sheep" and is always updating us about their status whenever we drive by. "The sheepy-sheep are out!" "Where are the sheepy-sheep? I can't see them." "The sheepy-sheep are getting rained on." Etc.
And this picture is just for the sheer cuteness factor.

No comments: