Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

Saturday morning we had a yummy breakfast before heading off to Lowe's (the hardware store). They have a program called Lowe's Build and Grow. The kids and Roy discovered it by accident a couple of Saturdays ago when they went to return a thermostat and came home with two snowman picture frames the kids made. I knew about it and knew LB&G would be making trains in December. Of course we had to go! We built the caboose this week. D has spent hours, HOURS I TELL YOU, playing with that caboose. He may have even slept with it, nothing can be proved.

Saturday afternoon I made two more Christmas pillowcases. They are ridiculously easy! I LOVE IT! I also bought more material to make crayon rolls. I over figured on the fabric. So when I cut the pieces, I have enough to make at least 8 crayon rolls! I got one done after the pillowcases. During this fest of sewing, Roy and K were doing this:
They are watching THE civil war. You know the great battle between North and South; between Orange and Green; between Ducks and Beavers. If you pay attention you can figure out which team Roy is rooting for.
I said the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting this week. As soon as I started praying I heard a little voice calling, "Mommeee, mom, mommeeee, mom, mommeeee, mom" This tribute contined for the entire prayer. Luckily A's pitch is somewhere near the range of a dog whistle so many people probably didn't even hear her!

Sunday was a nice laid back day of finishing up a FHE packet I started months ago. I ran out of lamination and had to give the laminator I borrowed back before I got more. The poor, partially completed packets have been in my drawer for months. I finally got around to borrowing another laminator and finished them up. Good times.
K is frequently telling me, "'Kena is my friend." I'm so glad :)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Wow, crafty lady, you're awesome! I wish I had that talent. Sadly my efforts usually look like those of a small child. :( Oh well.