Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, February 4, 2011

K's funny


She's said a few funny things lately that I want recorded for the future. You know, like when she has her first date, or when she has her own little rascal.

K has started using the word "crap". This is not a word we like to use in our house, but it has been known to slip out at times -- obviously. She uses it for everything. She will hold out something and in a matter of fact tone say, "This is my crap."
I like to add tomato sauce to mac and cheese (so yummy:) and K likes to get the can for me. She never can remember which can it is though. So she was up on the counter the other night while I was making mac and cheese and she got a can. "Mommy, is this the right crap?" Uh, no.
I've tried to talk to her about this. I've told her this is not a nice word. Her response, "Yes it is a nice word." "No it isn't, it means poop." "No it is crap. It is a nice word." Before you know it we've degenerated into "No it isn't." "Yes it is" "No it isn't" "Yes it is". . . .

Tonight, Roy put K to bed and then left to go to Home Depot for a few things. As he was leaving, I went into the girls' room to put A to bed. (Totally didn't work, by the way. She is sitting on my lap right now. Typing with a 19 month old is interesting.) K was standing by the door upset. I asked her what was wrong. She said, "I don't want daddy to go. He will get lost." I reassured her that he would not get lost and would in fact be back soon. "No he will get lost and we will have to get a new daddy! And if the new daddy gets lost he will be dead." You see the logic at work here.

I love this little girl. She is just amazing and funny. She talks to grown-ups like a grown-up and makes all sorts of people smile. I'm proud of her.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Lol Kids do say some of the funniest things! "No it isn't." "Yes it is" "No it isn't" "Yes it is" reminds me of two little girls fighting over a kindergarten teacher! Which by the way Mrs. George was MY kindergarten teacher :)

Sheena said...

Ha! Just so you know, she was MY teacher ;)
And it's good to know I've matured beyond those years...

Natalie said...

We are surrounded by kids all day, I say fooy on being mature!

Annette said...

Well she sure made this adult smile. Love that little girl!(the rest of you too)