Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter in Pictures

We have a special arrangement for the Easter Bunny to come visit our house on Saturday. Everyone came into our room Saturday morning. I don't know why, we didn't have it pre-arranged. They just did. Here they are waiting for me to get the video camera.Since it is on video, I don't really have any pictures of the kids checking out their baskets or hunting for the 33 Butterfinger eggs hidden around the family room. It was fun. Just trust me on that. Here's K enjoying her sidewalk chalk. I won some free digital pictures from CatchaCharacter.com around Christmas time but of course, I forgot to get a good picture to use. So here's the EasterBunny, caught in the act!
D loves this picture. He opens nearly every time he gets on the computer. I think it is because it helps him capture the magic a little more. He is too logical to honestly believe in the Easter Bunny, Toothfairy, Santa Claus and such but he really wants to believe.
Of course, we HAD to dye eggs. We actually did this on Easter. Yeah, procrastination..... I made K take off her sweater. Good idea, no?
I found this egg painting kit at an after Easter sale last year and tucked it away. Of course, I forgot I had it until after I had bought some other dying kits. Still, we pulled it out. It was K's main method. She loved using the little rollers. A was asleep during the egg dyeing adventure -- not an accident! Still, it wouldn't be right to not include her in the picture frenzy so here is a shot of her enjoying a green bean from our Easter dinner.
We actually celebrate Easter week and talk about the last week of the Savior's life. There is so much to learn and teach. And every day the kids drew a picture of that day in the Savior's life. (ie, Palm Sunday: Triumphal Entry, Monday: Cleansing the temple, etc) Here is D's picture from Easter Sunday. He did it all on his own in the toy room. I was so pleased when he brought it up to show me. It is very well done.

No comments: