Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of 1st Grade

 Don't be fooled by the mug shot.  He was really excited this morning!  I drove him to school along with one of the other little boys in our new carpool.  Roy followed in his car.  He was really excited for D to go to 1st grade.  I dropped the boys off and Roy walked them to where their class waits for the teacher to come get them and walk them to class.  The girls and I stayed for a PTA breakfast before heading home to our first day of D being is school. 
Tonight we had a special "Back to School" dinner inspired from this cool blog.
 I had the pencil tags and large poster printed at Office Depot.  I ordered an 8x10 of the poster.  I have an empty frame I was going to put it in.  When I got their the woman had printed it off in the 16x20 size the picture was created to be.  I tried to explain but she wasn't paying attention so I just took my poster home to figure out what to do with it.  It think it turned out all right.
The candy crayons in the left corner are from Our Best Bites.  Yum.  Chocolate dipped pretzels that look like crayons!
 
D loved his first day.  He said it felt like he was only in school from 8:30 to 10:30.  It didn't feel like all day.  He has a few friends already and has a great teacher.  It's been a good day.

2 comments:

Ammon said...

Way cute Sheena! I miss you. We need to hang out. Ummm, you haven't met Porter. He's 8 months old :) We are going out of town in 6 hours, but when we come back, play date it is!

Love your blog. It makes me happy.

Can you believe you have a 1st grader???

ps. this is Cassidy

Melanie said...

that is super cute. I LOVE those ideas. Especially the poster. SO CUTE!