Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tales from a domestic diva

Today for the first time in, oh... 18 years, I mowed the lawn.  I had three younger brothers.  One of whom is only 2 years younger than me.  So mowing the lawn was not one of my chores.  Good thing I've had lots of vacuuming experience so I knew just what to do -- back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.  Just kidding.  Okay, maybe I started out like that before it came to me that no one mows their lawn that way.  Actually I was rather proud of myself for getting the mower started.  Roy makes it look so easy.  I think I may need to ice my sholder tonight.  Also, my hands may never stop vibrating.  I think I have discovered the cure for Parkinsons... stop mowing the lawn. 
All this is just a long story to illustrate the great lengths some people will go through to procrastinate canning.
Another great procrastination mechanism: blog about procrastination.

*just so you know, I did 13 quarts of pears yesterday people.  by.my.self.  except for the kids.  who did not help.  unless you call eating the pears so I didn't have to peel them helping which was helpful.  sort of.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wowsers. I LOVE to mow the lawn. Except my fingers ache when I'm done.