Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pent up energy

Yesterday I woke up at 5 a.m.  That right there is worth a blog post since I NEVER get up that early.  Anyway.  I got ready and the kiddos loaded and we headed off to Utah.  My kids rock, by the way.  I drove from Portland OR to Boise ID.  NONSTOP.  That's over 400 miles of driving.  7 Hours!  Yeah.  Told you my kids rock.
In Boise, we gassed up, ate a sandwich in Subway then hopped back on the freeway until Brigham City UT.  We stopped there for a while playing at a park and eating ice cream cones.  By a while I mean an hour or so.   Then we drove the rest of the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Total Stats:
Google Maps = 900 miles - 15 hour trip
Our Time = 900 miles - 15.5 hour trip.  With three kids.  They are such good little travelers.  Honestly, I needed more stopping than they did!

So far today the girls have painted, jumped on the tramp, played on the swingset, played with Barbies and baby dolls.  A rode her bike and is reading books.  D has built and played with and picked up the Matchbox car track, train tracks, plastic kid version of an erector set and is now setting up the Big Big Loader track.  Have I mentioned that is is not even 11 a.m.?

No comments: