Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Random Dump- Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!


What everyone is doing right now:
A taking a Sunday nap; D reading a book; Roy making ice cream "for Mother's Day"; 
K playing in the sandbox and swimming pool wearing nothing but her skivvies.
Only now since I started the photo editing and typing everything has changed.  I'm typing with A snuggled up next to me on my bed.  K is searching the house for a very specific pair of shorts.  D is playing in the water and Roy is emptying the dishwasher.  Today rocks!

K was playing with a long piece of grassweed.  Why we get that girl toys is beyond me.  Anyway, it broke and I said, "Aww, it broke."  K looked at one in each hand for a minute before saying, "Yea! Two grass friends!"

Roy got home from work last Thursday and asked the greeting committee (greeting committee: small people who rush out to greet daddy as soon as his car is heard) where A was.  D responded, "She's asleep in the kitchen."  Roy thought he as kidding.
Guess not.

K has taken to sleeping in a box.  I don't know why.  Why do we get this girl toys or a bed?  Anyway, these are two different nights.
Looks comfortable right?  Yeah.  I don't think so either.

K's new favorite joke:  "Knock - Knock"   Anyone else who will listen: "Who's there?"  K: "Haha, I get it.  There's a snake in my boot."  In case you haven't watched Toy Story 2 500 times, that's where the last line of her joke comes from.  

April 14 we went to a Reptile Man show.  The kids were enthralled.  I thought it was pretty cool but I was on the edge of my seat with my adrenaline pumping.  Especially when the reptile handler kept "hooding" the cobra right. in. front. of. my. kids.
Less startling now.  I was concentrating on staying in my chair and telling K to hold still when the Cobra was actually right in front of them.  The handler told the kids to hold still because sudden movement startles it.  So naturally K was wiggling like a new puppy!
Viper and Cranky Child.  Hard to know which is the more menacing of the  two.
Rattlesnake with a rattle that wouldn't stop.
Holding a snake.  The girls LOVED IT.  They kept trying to go back for more.
Petting an alligator.  Pretty sure K wants one of these now.
K and A have gotten to be pretty good friends.  It's about time.  Here they are one Sunday morning having a brunch with their animals.  So cute.

I love Mother's Day.  The only day of the year when I can hide out in my room typing on my blog while Roy takes care of the kids, cleans the kitchen, makes bread and dinner and entertains a dinner guest.  Suh-weet!

No comments: