Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why drowsy blogging is bad:

Tonight I made Mexican style sweet pork.  If you haven't tried one of the many recipes for sweet pork around the internetland I think you'd better.  If you want a recommendation try the one from Our Best Bites.  Which I just looked on the website and it's not there so get the cookbook.  I put it on a leafy bed (sounds better than a pile of lettuce) and complimented it with fresh pico de gallo and black bean, mango salsa (which is basically mango, onion, black beans and avocado with a bit of a sauce - also in OBB cookbook).  Oh.My.Heavenly.Salad.  With fried tortilla strips thrown in for good measure and crunch.  I'll be having that for lunch tomorrow to thankyouverymuch.  Naturally, since it is such a divine mixture, the kids hardly ate anything.
On the hurt-so-good front, yeah.  I do.  Hurt I mean.  The good part is a bit ambiguous at the moment.  I'll let you know.  So my mom saw on the fitness blog that I also never post on that I had started a couch-2-5k program.  I said it in January.  No one should believe any fitness item posted in January.  Anyway, she hooked me up to run a 5k when I'm down visiting over Memorial Day weekend.  It will be with my mom, sil and brother.  So I have taken to training.  As in, a 5k on the treadmill and walking at night yesterday; 60 min step class and a mile on the treadmill today.  Tomorrow I tackle Zumba.  Tonight I convalesce.
D's best talking time is when he is in bed.  He will get going on stories and talking while he's laying in bed.  I'm not sure if it is because he is relaxed and ready to open up or if he just doesn't want to go to sleep.
A is potty training.  Sort of.  She's been alternating between big kid and baby for a few weeks but the last few days have been solid big kid days with only about 2 accidents a day.  Still, she's having 2 ACCIDENTS A DAY.  I am dying for her to potty train so I can shampoo every carpet in my house.  Oh, and she didn't want to put on a diaper for bed tonight because she's a "big kid" so I'll be doing that after she goes to sleep.  Unless I fall asleep first in which case I'll be washing her sheets in the morning.  Speaking of laundry, did I mention how many clothes we are currently going through?  Imagine, girls who change multiple times a day anyway plus 2 accidents a day.  No wonder I have a pile of laundry to fold that's bigger than my bed.  Roy wants my mom to come back because she folded all his laundry while she was here.  I say the kids are breathing, dinner was served and cleaned up and nobody got hurt in the process.  He should be grateful for what he's got right?  I mean folding laundry too?!  What do you people want from me?
huh.  I'm so tired.  Clearly.

No comments: