Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, June 1, 2012

Turning 30!

Today is my birthday!  I have officially embarked upon the journey known as "30's".  "20's" was a good ride.  Lots of changes, learning and growing.  I still don't feel much older than a young co-ed but apparently I am.
I celebrated by being treated to a movie by my neighbor and friend, Jenn and her mom.  It was awesome getting out and going to a movie theater.  Plus the theater was awesome.  It was a Cinetopia which is apparently a step above regular movie theaters.  We saw Snow White and the Huntsman.  I liked it.  It was way too intense and scary for kids but not so much that I left feeling jumpy or creepy.  Good amount of action with a very mild hint at romance.
Tonight, Roy took me out to Red Robin where I got my free birthday burger.  Love Red Robin (yummmm).  I also went through 3 freckled lemonades.  Seriously, what is it that makes their lemonade so much better than other lemonades?
We finished with dinner but didn't want to go home yet because if I get a babysitter, I am NOT putting my kids to bed.  (Turned out we should have saved our money.  The babysitter had put the kids to bed like I asked but no one was asleep.)  So Roy and I went to Home Depot to brainstorm and look at swingsets.  We want to build one over our sandbox.  When we left the Depot we went to Roy's office so we could use his computer to brainstorm some more.
When we got home my friend Tyce and her family was here dropping off a balloon and some birthday cake.  We chatted for a bit before going in to re-introduce our kids to their beds for the night.  A had taken a big nap and gotten up about 5pm.  Bad for bedtime.  She was being so ridiculously sweet thought that it was hard to be upset.  She wanted me to read her a book then she started reading me books.  She read a book that is the song "If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands".  So cute to hear her sing:
"If you happy and know clap hands,
if you happy and know face will show happy clap hands"
Then she started reading me a dinosaur book.  She kept saying, "You listen, me talk.  Me talk, you listen."  whenever I would make sounds or try to read the page.  Adorable.  I could just eat her up.
It was a happy birthday spent with friends and family.  I'm lucky to have so many great people in my life.  I'm looking forward to the next 10 years journey with happy anticipation.

No comments: